The Peer Leadership Forum brings together teams of high-performing young leaders on a monthly basis to share ideas, personal goals, and insights. The result is new friendships, new perspectives, skills development, and a lot of fun. Each PLF team is a diverse group of emerging thought leaders representing a wide variety of industries, who together, find innovative solutions to challenging barriers afflicting the business community in the Greater Vancouver region.
Why join a Peer Leadership Forum team?
- Lead: Dive deeper into topics covered at CYP and broader Board of Trade events
- Connect: Develop friendships with a diverse, motivated and high-performing group of young professionals
- Innovate: Compete with other PLF teams in the annual Big Idea Pitch Contest
- Contribute: Support causes that matter to you
How do I enroll in a CYP Peer Leadership Forum?
To join, Members are invited to complete an online application form.
Once your application has been approved, you will be placed on a team that is formed based on each individual team Member's age / life stage, industry, and goals. The objective is to develop diverse teams that have unique skill-sets, experiences, and industry expertise.
Application Deadline: August 30, 2019
What can I expect once I join a Peer Leadership Forum?
By joining a Peer Leadership Forum team, you can expect to connect with the next generation of C-suites in the Greater Vancouver area. You can also expect to have a lot of fun, develop great friendships, learn about different industries in the process and work hard to solve a key issue affecting our city and beyond. Here's what you can expect:
- Attend the PLF Kick-Off event in November
- Participate in the annual Big Idea Pitch Contest, a contest that challenges teams to solve a key issue afflicting Greater Vancouver's business community (photos from last year's pitch event can be found here)
- Participate in at least one of CYP's Community Outreach Initiatives with your team
- Host one team meeting per year, which includes managing the venue, setting the meeting agenda, etc.
- Attend at a minimum 5 of the 6 team meetings
Participating in the Peer Leadership Forum was the best decision I could make to get the most out of my CYP experience. My team's concept was awarded the winner of the 2018 Big Idea Contest and I had the distinct pleasure of representing my team during the live pitch. This opportunity allowed me to step outside of my comfort zone and think outside the box in developing a solution to a problem facing Greater Vancouver. There is nothing more rewarding than setting your sights on a goal and accomplishing it. What made this experience all the more worthwhile was the group of people I was partnered with. The program suggests monthly meetings with your team, but by the end of the program my team and I were meeting almost weekly. Having the opportunity to develop real, meaningful connections within a network of your peers has immeasurable value. Not only to your professional development, but also as a personal support system. I highly recommend all young professionals in CYP participate in this program.